Trail Ninja Programs 2018
Sign-up until April 19th 2018
Trial Ninjas is offering three different programs for kids, ages 10-15. Dates and fees for each program below.
Program #1: Trail Ninjas Trail Crew (TNT Crew)
Friday's and Some Saturday's
Starting Friday April 20th till June 16th 2018
The aim of this program is to empower youth through mountain biking and trail building knowledge. The program will primarily be held on Fridays and a few Saturdays. Parents must be available to drop off and pick up kids from designated meeting places. For insurance purposes, all participants must be current members of NOCS. The program includes:
- Three or four trail building events with with experienced mentors, including Cam Sorensen (director of Silver Star Bike Park), Mark D, Matt Ball and Tom Eryes.
- Six evening group rides. Starts April 20. Mostly Fridays and one Thursday.
- Wrap-up BBQ June 16th.
- Trail Ninja T-shirt
Skill Level - Basic trail skills required. Must have mountain bike with gears.
Recommended Pre-requisite programs - Sprockids, Vernon BMX and/or Tri Monsters (some exceptions considered).
Cost: $95 + NOCS membership. Click here for TNT Calendar. Scroll down to sign- up
Program #2: Trail ninjas Ride Academy
Monday's and Wednesday's With Friday's with some Saturday's optional
Starting April 11th till June 16th 2018
The aim of this program is to develop competitive mountain biking in the community. Kids will have the opportunity to become smart, strong and capable mountain bike enthusiasts that are competition ready if they chose, or simply riders for life. The Ride Academy includes the above-listed TNT Crew events, Wednesday night XC training sessions; Sprockids leadership training; and other advance mountain biking activities. All activities are led by qualified NCCP Cycling Mountain Bike coaches.
- Wednesday Ride Academy training rides led by Wade Garrod, Sam Rampadao and other NCCP trained coaches.
- Monday leadership rides in partnership with Sprockids and their adult coaches.
- Three or four trail building events with with experienced mentors, including Cam Sorensen (director of Silver Star Bike Park) and Mark D.
- Fun Friday group rides. (mostly Fridays and one Thursday NOCS ride).
- Other stuff: A day of riding at Kamloops Bike Ranch, Two local Time Trials & Mock Enduro for wrap-up day., one away trip to new riding area)
- Big Ed Car drop - day and Honest Ed Ride day may be added to schedule in late June to test overall endurance and adventure skill.
- Wrap up BBQ June 16.
- Trail Ninja T-shirt included Or special order for Mtn. Bike Jersey.
Skill Level: Riders in the Academy group have several years riding experience. Pre-requisite programs are Sprockids, Vernon BMX and/or Tri Monsters. As a qualifier to the program academy riders must be self driven and can confidently ride this local route on their mountain bike: Click Here for program qualifier route. Advanced level mountain bike strongly recommended.
Cost: $299 + NOCS membership + Cycling BC Membershp. Click here for calendar Scoll down to sign- up
Program #3: "G Tribe" Ninja's Program
Wednesday's with a field trip to wrap-up program (7+ sessions)
This program is run by women coaches and leaders, for girls. Program includes:
- Wednesday after-school training rides led by female Cycle BC certified coaches.
- April 18, 25 & May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5:30 to 7pm.
- Trail Ninja Jersey
Skill Level - Basic trail skills required. Must have mountain bike with gears and ideally front suspension. Intermediate and up program.
Recommended Pre-requisite programs - Sprockids, Vernon BMX and/or Tri Monsters (some exceptions considered)
Cost: $149 + NOCS membership + Cycling BC Membership. Click here for calendar. Scroll down to sign-up.
sign up for trail ninjas!
A Trail Ninja leader will contact you no later than April 1st with more information!
Coach and volunteer sign up
For more information on coaching courses and employment/volunteer opportunities, please fill in the following form and a program leader will contact you with more information.
If you have any questions concerning the Trail Ninjas program, feel free to contact us!
Nicole Guerrero: 250-938-4304
Wade Garrod: 250-550-5322